Future In Mind Parent & Carers
As parents and carers, it can be hard to know whether your child’s feelings and behaviour are normal or becoming a problem. This booklet aims to give tips and advice of how you can support your child.
BELOW YOU CAN FIND LINKS TO USEFUL WEBSITES FOR ADVICE.
Please click on the logo's to visit the website.
Finding out a child is struggling to cope can be a frightening and distressing discovery for parents. The Samaritans offer support for parents of a child who is struggling to cope.
Advice and helpline for parents who are worried about their child’s behaviour or mental health. Worried about a child or young person's behaviour or mental health? You're not alone. Call the YoungMinds Parents' Helpline free on 0808 802 5544 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm) or email email@example.com
It can be hard to know what to do when supporting someone with a mental health problem. Mind offers information which is aimed at helping friends, family, carers and others to give support and take care of themselves too.
- Research - Start by finding out as much as you can about counselling and reading up on the issue you are worried about.
- Find - Our intelligent search tool has been designed to make this process as simple as possible.
- Connect - Take your time and browse through as many counsellors and psychotherapists as you wish before making a decision.
Anxiety UK works to relieve and support those living with anxiety and anxiety based depression by providing information, support and understanding via an extensive range of services. Anxiety UK offer a range of resources for parents and schools.
The forum provides crisis support, information and resources, advice, discussions and distractions.
The aims of this forum are to:
- Support individuals who self harm to reduce emotional distress and improve their quality of life
- Support and provide information for family and carers of individuals who self harm
- Raise awareness of the needs of people who self harm, dispel myths and combat discrimination
- Empower and enable those that self harm to seek alternatives to self harm and further help where appropriate.
Support after Suicide offeres help and support for those who affected by suicide.
Information to support around eating disorders for those who are worried that someone close to them may be dealing with an eating disorder.
Is your child in crisis? Are you worried about them? Perhaps you just want some parenting tips. this site will help you understand and support your child.