Level 2 Safeguarding Children with Disabilities and Additional Needs
This training is applicable to all those working with or who may come into contact with children and young people with additional needs or disabilities, as part of their role.
LSCB Level 1 Introduction to Safeguarding Children
Working with Children with Disabilities E-Learning*
*This training will be allocated to you at the same time as you book onto this level 2 course, but must be completed prior to the Level 2 training date, to avoid a non-completion fee of £100 being raised.
To provide an awareness of the impact of disability in terms of safeguarding
To share information about services and referral routes
BY THE END OF THE COURSE, PARTICIPANTS WILL HAVE:
- Understand attitudes and values and how they impact on practice
- Explored the definition of disability and the forms it may take
- Have an understanding of the impact of disability on the child and family
- Explored alternative communication methods
- Gained an understanding of the guidance and legislation and their application to disabled children and their families
PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- See the child beyond the disability and hear their voice
- Understand the particular considerations in relation to assessment for children with a disability
- Understand the importance of information-sharing and joint working
Members of the LSCB Safeguarding Children Training Pool
TO BOOK A PLACE:
To book your place on this course, please contact the Learning Solutions Team via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Tel: 01472 324097.
A charge of £100 per person will be made to agencies when participants do not attend or give less than 7 calendar days’ notice of cancellation.