Substance Misuse and its Impact on The Child - Level 2
Statutory & Voluntary Agencies (who work with/have regular contact with children & young people in a paid or unpaid capacity) including: Head Teachers/Designated Safeguarding Leads/Learning Mentors, Health Visitors/School Nurses, Social Workers, Residential Workers, Police Officers, Nursing Staff, Probation, Youth Workers, Housing Staff, Child Minders, Private Foster Carers, those working in Early Years and Sports & Leisure settings.
Level 1 Introduction to Safeguarding Children
Substance Use Awareness **
** If you have previously attended any substance use awareness courses previously (ie CADES) and have an understanding of the different types of drugs and their effects, there is no need for you to complete our ‘Substance Use Awareness course.
• The aims and objectives for the training are as follows:-
• To gain an awareness of how values around substance use can impact on practice;
• To gain an awareness of risks/harm linked to young people’s own substance use;
• Be able to identify vulnerable groups and signs of vulnerability;
• To explore emotional harm and other types of harm that children suffer due to parental substance use;
• To gain a basic awareness of drugs and their effects;
• To incorporate substance use within assessment highlighting the importance of multi-agency working.
£80 per person
Experienced multi-agency pool Trainers with particular expertise in substance use and safeguarding children.
TO BOOK A PLACE
To book a place on this course please contact Learning Solutions either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01472 324097.
A charge of £100 per person will be made to agencies when participants do not attend or give less than 7 calendar days’ notice of cancellation.