Young Witness Service
We are recruiting for Professional Volunteers to work with Young Victims & Witnesses of Crime.
Would you like to be part of a nationally recognised service for Young Witnesses?
Are you interested in offering support and advice to children who have to give evidence at Court?
Could you liaise and work with agencies within the Criminal Justice System on behalf of Young Witnesses?
The North East Lincolnshire Young Witness Service is for all children and young people under 18, who are called to give evidence in any of the courts in the borough; this includes the Youth Court, Magistrates Court and Crown Court.
Children and young people who give evidence in cases where a serious crime has been committed are doing the public a great service and are helping to make North East Lincolnshire a safer place to live; therefore it is essential to offer appropriate support.
The service is based on the National Standards for young witness preparation and good practice.
The service will work with young witnesses and their parents and carers before they go to court to:
- Make sure that they have the right support in place to help them to give best evidence
- Explain what is going to happen and what sort of help they can get at court
- Arrange a visit to the court before the day of the trial
- Support them at court on the day of the trial
- Support them after the trial
Please find the application form and job description in the document downloads section below.
If you require any further information or assistance you can contact the Local Safeguarding Children Board using the contact details at the bottom of this website.
- Young Witness Service - Job Description and Application Form for Volunteer Support Workers
- Young Witness Service - Preparing a Young Witness for Court
- Young Witness Service - Poster
- Young Witness Service - Recruitment Flyer
- Young Witness Service - Service Statement
- Young Witness Service - Information for Parents/Carers